The primary goal of IT Service Management is to deliver quality IT services that enable desired business outcomes. To do this, service providers often face a precarious balancing act of managing customer relationships and requirements, understanding and managing demand and patterns of business activities, aligning internal and external suppliers and maintaining fiscal responsibility and sound IT investments. The ITIL Capability Course - Service Offerings and Agreements (SOA) - provides the best practice process knowledge required to navigate these waters towards the safe harbor of customer satisfaction and continual service improvement.
Written in-house by the ITSM Academy content team, this course includes ITSM Academy's unique series of exercises, Living the Lifecycle®. Woven through all ITSM Academy's ITIL certification classes, this series brings processes and concepts to life and identifies practical ways to overcome real-world challenges. Living the Lifecycle successfully enables active learning by encouraging participants to:
- Discuss and understand pure ITIL concepts
- Apply concepts to a "neutral", real-world situation
- Learn different perspectives
- Reinforce examinable concepts
Learning Objectives: Upon successful completion learners will understand:
- SOA activities and their value
- SOA processes: Service Portfolio, Service Catalog, Service Level, Demand, Supplier, Financial and Business Relationship Management
- SOA roles and responsibilities
- Technology and implementation considerations
- Challenges, critical success factors and risks
Delivery: Course is delivered by instructors with real-life implementation experience in the SOA processes. Learn from those who have actual hands on experience in creating Service Catalogs, negotiating Service Level Agreements, etc. For 5 days, our learners are immersed in material that is presented in a fun, practical manner using exercises, sample exams and real-world service management examples.
"The instructor's ability to relate real life experiences with ITIL terms and processes was my favorite part of the class. I will recommend ITSM Academy to my co-workers. Your instructor knew the material better than anyone Ive ever met, and had great stories to relate the material to. I have enjoyed all of this. I never thought I could walk away with this much valuable information." ~ SOA Class Survey
- IT Professionals, IT Process Owners, Business Managers and Business Process Owners requiring deep role-based knowledge of, or are involved in, Service Portfolio Management, Service Catalog Management, Service Level Management, Demand Management, Supplier Management, Financial Management and Business Relationship Management
- Individuals seeking to achieve the ITIL Expert certification
ITIL Expert: Earn 4 credits of the 22 required to achieve the ITIL Expert certification.
Project Management Institute (PMI) Professional Development Units (PDUs): ITSM Academy is recognized by PMI as a Global R.E.P. Project Management Professionals earn 38 contact hours or PDUs upon completion of this course.
Instructors: As with all ITSM Academy training, our instructors have successful track records as IT professionals and bring that acumen into the classroom. Utilizing the highest quality content, our trainers blend their real life experiences into lively classroom discussion.
Trainers for this course are ITIL Experts, SOA certified and have successfully completed ITSM Academy's SOA Train-the-Trainer Program.
Course / Student Materials:
- Access to ITSM Academy's Learner Portal - my.itsmacademy.com - extends the classroom experience with online content and tools
- Digital learner manual (excellent post class reference)
- The ITIL Lifecycle Advanced Reference Card
- Personal Action Plan
- Study aids and sample exams
- Instructor led education and exercise facilitation
- GAME ON! An Interactive Learning Experience®
- In-class exam preparation
- Exam Voucher
- The ITIL Foundation Certification in IT Service Management
- 2 to 4 years professional experience with service management
Exam & Certification: Successfully passing (70%) the 90 minute exam, consisting of 8 complex, multi-part, multiple choice scenario-based gradient scored questions leads to the ITIL Intermediate Qualification: Service Offerings and Agreements certificate.
SOA is an intensive educational experience. We recommend 12 hours of personal study, and we strongly encourage learners to devote 6 of those hours to pre-class preparations, this translates to roughly 1 to 2 hours of homework each night while in class.
- Upon registration, learners will be provided the pre-course reading assignments via our Learner Portal.
- We recommend learners have access to the ITIL Lifecycle suite of books.
- During the week of class, learners are directed to register with an Examination Institute (EI). If you have not attended a class with us previously (or taken an exam through the designated EI), you will be asked to submit a copy of your pre-req certification to the designated EI. Your certification must be on file with the EI or your exam will not be processed.
Classes Held In: