Long gone are the days where the data center was in the basement and the "helpless desk" was a necessary evil. Today, businesses are irreversibly dependent upon technology and real dollars are lost when IT services are not available. The ITIL Capability course, Operational Support and Analysis (OSA), provides the best practice process knowledge required to monitor, deliver and support the IT services required to meet business needs, while preventing and reducing the costs of outages and lost productivity.
This course provides in-depth knowledge of the ITIL Operational Support and Analysis (OSA) areas: Event Management, Incident Management, Request Fulfillment, Access Management, Problem Management, Service Desk, Technical Management, IT Operations Management and Application Management.
Written in-house by the ITSM Academy content team, this course includes ITSM Academy's unique series of exercises, Living the Lifecycle®. Woven through all ITSM Academy's ITIL certification classes, this series brings processes and concepts to life and identifies practical ways to overcome real-world challenges. Living the Lifecycle successfully enables active learning by encouraging participants to:
- Discuss and understand pure ITIL concepts
- Apply concepts to a neutral, real world situation
- Learn different perspectives
- Reinforce examinable concepts
Learning Objectives: Upon successful completion learners will understand:
- Service Operation purpose, objectives, scope and value
- OSA processes, roles, responsibilities and functions
- Technology and implementation considerations
- Challenges, critical success factors and risks
Delivery: Course is delivered by instructors with real-life implementation experience in the OSA processes. Learn from those who have actual hands-on experience in leading Incident Management, Event Management, etc. For five days, our learners are immersed in material that is presented in a fun, practical manner using exercises, sample exams and real-world service management examples.
- IT professionals, business managers and process owners who require a deep understanding of the Operational Support and Analysis processes and how they may be used to enhance the quality of IT service support within an organization
- Individuals seeking to achieve the ITIL Master or ITIL Expert Certification
- Professionals involved in the following:
- Processes: Event Management, Incident Management, Problem Management, Request Fulfillment and Access Management
- Functions: The Service Desk, Technical Management, IT Operations Management and Application Management
ITIL Expert: Earn 4 credits of the 22 required to achieve the ITIL Expert certification.
Project Management Institute (PMI) Professional Development Units (PDUs): ITSM Academy is recognized by PMI as a Global R.E.P. Project Management Professionals earn 38 contact hours or PDUs upon completion of this course.
Instructors: As with all ITSM Academy training, our instructors have successful track records as IT professionals and bring that acumen into the classroom. Utilizing the highest quality content, our trainers blend their real-life experiences into lively classroom discussion.
Trainers for this course are ITIL Experts, OSA certified and have successfully completed ITSM Academy's OSA Train-the-Trainer Program.
Course / Student Materials:
- Access to ITSM Academy's Learner Portal - my.itsmacademy.com - extends the classroom experience with online content and tools
- Digital learner manual (excellent post class reference)
- The ITIL Lifecycle Advanced Reference Card
- Personal Action Plan
- Study aids and sample exams
- Instructor led education and exercise facilitation
- GAME ON! An Interactive Learning Experience®
- Participation in unique assignments designed to apply concepts
- In-class exam preparation
- Exam voucher
- The ITIL Foundation Certification in IT Service Management
- 2 to 4 years professional experience with service management
Exam & Certification: Successfully passing (70%) the 90 minute exam, consisting of 8 complex, multi-part, multiple choice scenario-based gradient scored questions leads to the ITIL Intermediate Qualification: Operational Support and Analysis certificate.
OSA is an intensive educational experience. We recommend 12 hours of personal study, and we strongly encourage learners to devote 6 of those hours to pre-class preparations, this translates to roughly 1 to 2 hours of homework each night while in class.
- Upon registration, learners will be provided the pre-course reading assignments via our Learner Portal.
- We recommend learners have access to the ITIL Lifecycle suite of books.
- During the week of class, learners are directed to register with an Examination Institute (EI). If you have not attended a class with us previously (or taken an exam through the designated EI), you will be asked to submit a copy of your pre-req certification to the designated EI. Your certification must be on file with the EI or your exam will not be processed.
Classes Held In: