Think you're an ITIL Expert? This is your chance to prove it!
While implementing individual ITIL processes will net some immediate gain, it is the integration of those processes across the service lifecycle that delivers true value. Based on the five core ITIL publications, ITSM Academy's Managing Across the Lifecycle (MALC) prepares learners to show the world they are ITIL Experts. It pulls together all of aspects of the service lifecycle; "its stages, processes and best practices", and translates that knowledge into practical workplace skills.
Learner preparation for this course is critical. Class includes access to ITSM Academy's Learner Portal. This provides a comprehensive set of resources for candidates to use to identify and remediate any knowledge gaps and ensure they are ready for a meaningful learning experience.
To validate, strengthen and apply your ITIL knowledge (no death-by-PowerPoint).
As the capstone course for the ITIL Qualification Scheme, this highly-interactive course uses 15 innovative assignments to evolve candidates from ITIL content knowledge to ITIL application and integration knowledge. Facilitated by our most seasoned instructors, these assignments require candidates to apply their ITIL knowledge to real-world activities such as analyzing a situation, identifying improvement opportunities, prioritizing those opportunities and presenting a business case for improvements. Many of the 15 assignments are based on the case study used for the exam. This allows candidates to acquire an in-depth understanding of the case study by putting it into action.
Course culminates with the ITIL Managing Across the Lifecycle certification examination. Successful candidates will receive the designation of ITIL Expert.
Learning Objectives: At the end of this course, the learner will gain competencies in:
- Key concepts of the service lifecycle
- Communication and stakeholder management
- Integrating service management processes across the service lifecycle
- Managing services across the service lifecycle
- Governance and organization
- Measuring and demonstrating business value
- Implementing and improving service management capability
Delivery: Course is delivered by instructors with real-life implementation experience of the ITIL Lifecycle. Learn from those who have actual hands-on experience implementing and improving service management practices – they are not just experts in a single process or lifecycle stage – they understand how processes interface, share data, information and knowledge. For five days, our learners are immersed in material that is presented in a fun, practical manner using exercises, sample exams and real life service management examples.
- Individuals seeking to achieve the ITIL Expert Certification
- CIOs, senior IT managers, IT managers, supervisors, IT professionals and IT operations and development professionals who require a business and management level understanding of the ITIL service lifecycle and how it may be implemented to enhance the quality of IT service provision within an organization
ITIL Expert: Upon successfully passing the exam, the learner will earn 5 credits and ITIL Expert certification.
Project Management Institute (PMI) Professional Development Units (PDUs): ITSM Academy is recognized by PMI as a Global R.E.P. Project Management Professionals will earn 38 contact hours or PDUs upon completion of this course.
Instructors: As with all ITSM Academy training, our instructors have successful track records as IT professionals and bring that acumen into the classroom. Utilizing the highest quality content, our trainers blend their real life experiences into lively classroom discussion.
Trainers for this course are ITIL Experts and have successfully completed ITSM Academy's MALC Train-the-Trainer Program.
Course / Student Materials:
- Access to ITSM Academy's Learner Portal - my.itsmacademy.com - extends the classroom experience with online content and tools
- Digital learner manual (excellent post class reference)
- The ITIL Lifecycle Advanced Reference Card
- Personal Action Plan
- Study aids and sample exams
- Instructor led education and exercise facilitation
- Participation in unique assignments designed to apply concepts
- In-class exam preparation
- Exam voucher
- ITIL Foundation Certification in IT Service Management
- A minimum of 15 credits through formal Service Lifecycle and/or Service Capability qualifications
Exam & Certification: Successfully passing (70%) the 120 minute exam, consisting of ten (10) complex, multiple choice and gradient-scored questions based on a single case study, leads to the ITIL Qualification: Managing Across the Lifecycle certificate and the ITIL Expert designation.
Testing and validation of knowledge take place at Bloom's taxonomy level 4 (analyzing) and level 5 (evaluating), reflecting the focus on integration when compared with the ITIL intermediate qualifications.
Notes: MALC is an intensive educational experience. We recommend 28 hours of personal study, and we strongly encourage learners to devote 14 of those hours to pre-class preparation. This translates to roughly 1 to 2 hours of homework each night while in class.
- Upon registration, learners will be provided the pre-course reading assignments via the Learner Portal.
- We recommend learners have access to the ITIL Lifecycle Suite.
- During the week of class, learners are directed to register with an Examination Institute (EI). If you have not attended a class with us previously (or taken an exam through the designated EI), you will be asked to submit copies of your pre-req certifications to the designated EI. Your certifications must be on file with the EI or your exam will not be processed.
Classes Held In: