This course provides an introduction to Agile Service Management, the application, and integration of agile thinking into service management processes and process design projects. Agile thinking improves IT’s effectiveness and efficiency and enables IT to continue to deliver value in the face of changing requirements.
As Dev and Ops have been working in parallel with Dev focused on Agile/Scrum and Ops focused on ITSM/ITIL, this course strives to bring together individual achievements to deliver full business value. The course cross-pollinates Agile and ITSM practices to support end-to-end Agile Service Management so Dev starts to manage services instead of products and Ops and ITSM become more agile by scaling to “just enough” process leading to improved flow of work and time to value.
Agile Service Management helps IT to meet customer requirements faster, improve the collaboration between Dev and Ops, overcome constraints in process workflows by taking an iterative approach to process design that will improve the velocity of process improvement teams to get more done.
Learn how to use Agile with ITSM (ITIL) to make your processes more robust and... well Agile and Lean (better, faster, more secure). A Certified Agile Service Manager (CASM) is the operational counterpart to a development Scrum Master. Working together, Scrum Masters and Agile Service Managers can instill agile thinking into the entire IT organization as the basis of a DevOps culture.
This sixteen (16) hour course provides an introduction to Agile Service Management - the application and integration of agile thinking into service management processes and process design projects. Agile thinking improves IT’s effectiveness and efficiency and enables IT to continue to deliver value in the face of changing requirements.
Class culminates with an independent certification exam. Successfully passing (65%) the 60 minute exam, consisting of 40 multiple-choice questions, leads to the Certified Agile Service Manager® Certificate.
** Click on the Product Videos tab above to see videos relating to this course **
Learning Objectives: The learning objectives for this course include an understanding of:
- What is means to “be Agile”
- The Agile Manifesto, it's core values and principles
- Agile concepts and practices including ITSM, Kanban, Lean and DevOps
- Scrum roles, artifacts and events as it applies to both products and processes
- The two aspects of Agile Service Management
- Agile Process Improvement – ensuring processes are lean and deliver “just enough” control
- Agile Process Design – applying Agile practices to process design projects
Come ready to participate in lively discussions about process improvements, benefits and challenges.
Delivery: For 16 hours, our learners are immersed in material that is presented in a fun, practical manner using exercises, sample exams and real-world service management examples.
- SCRUM evangelist
- Anyone interested in learning more about Agile and SCRUM from a product ("dev") and process ("ops") perspective
- Consultants guiding their clients through process improvement initiatives
- Internal and external suppliers
- Process stakeholders
Project Management Institute (PMI) Professional Development Units: ITSM Academy is recognized by PMI as a Global R.E.P. Project Management Professionals earn 16 contact hours or PDUs upon completion of this course.
Instructors: As with all ITSM Academy training, our instructors have successful track records as IT professionals and bring that acumen into the classroom. Utilizing the highest quality content, our trainers blend their real-life experiences into lively classroom discussion.
Trainers for this course hold multiple Agile and ITSM industry certifications and have successfully completed ITSM Academy's CASM Train-the-Trainer Program.
Course / Student Materials:
- Access to ITSM Academy's Learner Portal - my.itsmacademy.com - extends the classroom experience with online content and tools
- The Agile Service Management Guide and the Scrum Guide (pre-class resources)
- Digital Learner Manual (excellent post-class reference)
- Learner Personal Action Plan
- Study aids and sample exams
- Sixteen (16) hours of instructor led training and exercise facilitation
- GAME ON! An Interactive Learning Experience®
- Participation in unique assignments designed to apply concepts
- In-class exam preparation
- Exam voucher
- Familiarity with IT service management processes and ITIL (recommended)
- Review The Scrum Guide™ (provided via Learner Portal)
- Review The Agile Service Management Guide (provided via Learner Portal)
Exam & Certification: Class culminates with an independent certification exam. Successfully passing (65%) the 60 minute examination, consisting of 40 multiple-choice questions, leads to the Certified Agile Service Manager (CASM) certificate. Successful candidates are issued Digital Badges to be shared in Social Media.
About The DevOps Institute: This course is accredited by the DevOps Institute (DOI), a global leader in emerging DevOps and Agile Service Management practices. DOI is bringing enterprise level DevOps training and certification to the IT market while setting the standard in quality for enterprise grade DevOps education and training.
Classes Held In:
Learners should only commit to classes they are prepared to attend. ITSM Academy Open Enrollment Class Terms and Conditions.
Agile Service Management® is a mark of ITSM Academy, Inc.